The need to look after employee wellbeing has never been greater. Not only are stress levels on the rise, but your business’ bottom lines are suffering too.
Your business is likely paying an enormous price, according to recent surveys. Here are some of the organisational and social costs which may surprise you:
- UAE employees are among the most stressed in the world with 50% of UAE workers expressing interest in changing their job over the next 12 months, compared to the global average of 31%.
- Stress among the UAE workforce is ranked among the highest in the world at 88%.
- In the US alone, it’s estimated $300 billion per year is lost in productivity because of stress-related illness, absenteeism, and decreased productivity.
- Worldwide, 30-40% of employees report their work as ‘very or extremely stressful’.
- 40% of job turnover is due to stress.
- Stress is almost twice as likely to cause you to miss 30 days of work in a year than all other illnesses together.
- In the UK, nearly 14 million workdays are lost every year due to high stress.
- In Europe, more than half of absenteeism is due to stress.
To combat this, we’re seeing a trend in companies and regions testing shorter work weeks. But with less time on the clock and work demands still high, it’s essential to optimize the time available to perform well and to be well.
The quickest way to optimize is by integrating wellness practices at every available juncture, including our work life.
Studies show, when we’re healthy and well, we can maintain high performance and happiness, even in stressful environments.
Plus, when we feel better about our work life, the residue of stress doesn’t overspill when going home to family and friends.
To successfully integrate wellness practices at work and achieve long lasting effects we must leverage what we’re already doing, instead of adding even more to the to-do list.
Which is why we offer tailor-made hybrid programmes for organisations large and small across UAE, UK and Australia.
We deliver workshops and coaching focused on high performance, stress-relief and wellness.